Help:Guide for Contributors
This draft page offers instructions and proposes guidelines for contributing to TransitWiki.
Instructions for contributing
- Create a TransitWiki account
- Edit existing pages
- Search for a page first. If it does not already exist, then create it.
What content belongs on TransitWiki?
Formatting and citations
For vendors and consultants
Vendors and consultants are a source of important information and are welcome & encouraged to participate in TransitWiki. The purpose of guidelines for vendors and consultants is to maintain accurate and consistent information on TransitWiki.
- Please declare important affiliations with a vendor or other organization on your user page. i.e. If you sell a product or service, make that clear to anyone who looks at your user page.
- The following types of information is encouraged and solicited for TransitWiki pages:
- Overview of the product or service category and the specific product or service
- Specific information features, requirements, capabilities
- Real images or screenshots
- Links to vendor website, and marketing/sales information
- Price ranges or cost information
- Example implementations & customers
- Citations to case studies, academic papers, product specifications, and manuals
- Contact information to receive more information
- The following is discouraged and may be removed by editors:
- Subjective statements and "sales-y" language (i.e. avoid non-verifiable adjectives that might appear in marketing statements -- instead of "leading" write a product was the first in its category and provide the date of introduction; instead of claiming a product is "easy-to-use" provide images of an interface with commentary; instead of claiming a product is "affordable", provide a price structure)
- Non-objective product comparisons that are designed to favor a particular product
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.